Sunday, January 8, 2023

Dryer won't heat

Dryer won't heat. Tumbles, but no heat. Took it apart with daughter using YouTube video and a drill. Pulled the heating element out and inspected the coil - nothing.

Lots of lint though; looked like the connection between the drum and the vent wasn't connected well inside the dryer itself so lint was getting into the main body. Possibly related? Safety hazard at any rate. Vacuumed it up and screwed the whole thing back together for now.

So it apparently be a thermal fuse, or something further up the chain. Going to try and find someone who can teach me how to fix it in the near future.

Great learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 through October 2023

Well - I let my blogging slip, and now I'm paying for it. I had a draft for the first bit of August, so I'll post that here, then ...