Saturday, January 7, 2023

The $84,000 Week

January 1-7

Been on FIRE mindset since August 2021 when I discovered MMM

Knew what i needed to do to retire - initial five year plan

Next right step: new job

Needed a year of calm

Bad past performance caused Mrs Chicken Stick to be leery

Took 2022 as a year of calm, year 1 of 5-year plan to retire

Knew I would focus heavily on FIRE in January of 2023

Then . . .

Business trip, bought a bunch of books ahead of time on FIRE

Read them

Put together a five-year plan

Wife got on board

Cut expenses from $4100 per month to about $3100 per month

Life changing

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 through October 2023

Well - I let my blogging slip, and now I'm paying for it. I had a draft for the first bit of August, so I'll post that here, then ...