Tuesday, January 10, 2023

First houses of 2023

Today I viewed three houses.

Red Rock Road, Virginia Street, and Plaza Court. 

Red Rock Road was a nice roomy house on 2.7 acres. Lots of potential as a 3 bed 2 bath.

Virginia Street was a foreclosure. Listing agent would not show me the house if I did not have proof of funds. My private lender is out of town right now and can't get me a proof of funds letter. I got another listing agent to show me the house. Some very funky things there, but potential as long as the numbers work.

Plaza Court was sold by the end of the day - yesterday another buyer put in an offer that was accepted. This house was trashed because whoever lived there was a slob, but it was actually the property that would require the least work.

There will be more deals.

I also confirmed with my private lender that he's willing to fund a deal.

I need to read up on rehab costs. I need to run numbers on the other two houses and submit offers. I also need to keep working on other things - good week for real estate in my mind. Perhaps I'll be able to crunch numbers Thursday night with a more experienced friend of mine and then, on Friday, submit offers.

Landlord agreed to allow us to deduct some of our rent money toward improvements - missing doorknobs, missing cabinet pulls, weatherstripping. Our house is super old but we love it so much and he's such a flexible landlord.

Once we removed that $50 line item from our budget, our monthly expenses dropped to below $3,000 per month.

Need to find a good receipt-tracking app. Maybe Everlance? I'm happy with Driversnote but it doesn't appear to support receipts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 through October 2023

Well - I let my blogging slip, and now I'm paying for it. I had a draft for the first bit of August, so I'll post that here, then ...